Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Squat-tastic Wednesday Jan 13th


All day today I keep thinking that today is Thursday which means....tomorrow is Friday, but its not - bummer! So this morning I tried coconut milk in my coffee, if you are going hard core and need something creamy this will do the trick, its been a long long time since I have had non-dairy creamer in my coffee, but it kinda tasted like that only a better. There's no mistaking it for half and half, I'll say that, its worth trying. Today was a super clean eating day, I think. I was tired and hungry after that squat-tastic WOD today.
A few notes on this stuff, that lovely snack at the top left is 1/2 bell pepper, celery, cashew butter (super yum yum, 1st time I have had it) and some egg salad stuff I made. There is a tiny bit of Olive Oil Mayo in that....made it prior to the nutrition meeting and was not going to waste it. Lunch is left overs from last night, which is usually the case for me, so see yesterday for details. This pathetic looking snack has a funny story, I was so hungry after all those squats I started eating and then realized I didn't take a picture, so I stopped mid snack, there was 1/2 of chicken sausage and more bell pepper...LOL. The turkey bacon is nitrate free from Sprouts (theirs is less $$ than WF) and it's very good. You are probably wondering
"Where is Dinner?" I was home alone with my son tonight wearing many hats and didn't take a picture, but here's what I did. I call it Chicken Carne Guisada...cut up 3 large chicken breats into cubes, slice 1 medium onion, 1-2 cans of hatch green chiles, 1/4 c Arrowroot power, cumin and chili powder to taste - stir all that stuff together add 3 cups chicken broth (homemade or organic) let is simmer for a about an hour or more and then eat like a stew. Top with Avocado, cilantro etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment