Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Carne Guisada and Stud Bar

I must confess, I have missed several days of photos - lets face it, its boring.  Plus I was busy installing my new stud bar www.studbarpullup.com  

I want to have a least one solid unassisted kipping pull up by March 1, so I've got some work ahead of me...I am close! 

I've doing a lot of experimenting with paleo recipes, this is actually a Carne Guisada recipe that happens to be paleo...although it would be great with a Modelo!

Carne Guisada:

Ingredients

  • 3 pounds chuck roast, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
  • 3 medium potatoes, unpeeled and diced(omit for paleo)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/4 cup Arrowroot powder 
  • 1/4 cup chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups beef  or chicken broth 
Combine all the ingredients except the broth and stir so the meat is coated with the Arrowroot powder, then add broth. You can do this on the stove or in a crock pot.  Serve with sliced avocado or guacamole and maybe some fresh jalepeno - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment