Friday, June 4, 2010

Is the pain WORTH the gain?

Of course the answer is YES!  But let me explain.When it comes to making gains in fitness and health, its really not that different from advancing in your career or education, you MUST make sacrifices and choose to do something difficult in order to get what you want or where you want.  A graduate degree takes resolve and long hours or work, and lets not forget money - none of which are easy to part with.  Since January I have been working to improve my pullups - it blows my mind that I can even make that statement. A year ago I didn't even have a pull up so the thought of improving what I didn't have was just a dream.  In February of this year I got my first true deadhang pullup (the last time I could do one was in 1996!) shortly thereafter I got about 5 kipping pullups. Now I want 10, and then 20...here's how I plan to do it. (click on that)

Step by Step - what do you want to improve on? And how are you going to get there?


This is one of my hands after 3 sets of 21 kipping pulls (PAIN), they were NOT consecutive, but they WILL be soon!  Eventually my hands won't rip open - GAIN!
Go get what you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment