Thursday, May 6, 2010

Week of May 3rd

I had a few brave souls show up this week on Tuesday and Thursday @ 6am, I am so thankful to you all for letting me practice my coaching skills on you. Everyone did a great job - learning new "moves" can be challenging in different ways for different people. I will continue to work on learning how you learn so I can be better coach every week.

Here are the workouts we took on this week.

Tuesday 5/4
AMRAP in 13 minutes
20 Box Jumps/Step Ups 16"
15 Kettle Bell Swings
Sprint to end of block and back

Thursday 5/6
3 rounds of:
15 Hang Clean
9 Push Press
21 AB Mat situps

Ian did 4 rounds
Denise and I did 3 rounds, all us modified the weight to our individual abilities.

Remember that there is both a physical and psychological component to these workout, especially when you ramp up the intensity. There is a fine line between challenging yourself and working within your capacity - pay attention to your body and push it as often as it lets you!

I hope to have some pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment